Vacancy for a PhD in Organic Synthesis
We are looking for a synthetic organic chemist (PhD) to strengthen our process R&D team for small molecules.
Ardena is a reputed contract partner providing drug substance and drug product development, manufacturing, logistics and bioanalytical services to pharmaceutical customers globally. In parallel, we compile the regulatory dossier for our customers to fast track their product towards compliance. Ardena has a niche expertise in development and manufacture of nanomedicines and nanocrystalline products. Every day, we guide companies through the hurdles and challenges of drug development. Our integrated service offering helps to streamline the drug’s progress to clinic and beyond, to reduce risk and timelines, and to facilitate a seamless flow of information.
We have a dedicated team with over 200 professionals divided over 6 sites in Belgium (Gent) and The Netherlands (Amsterdam, Oss, Assen), Sweden (Sodertalje), and Latvia (Riga). Ardena has an open culture. Team-spirit and entrepreneurship are important values in our company.
As a dynamic CDMO, we offer exciting career opportunities for skilled and motivated people that want to work in a fast-growing business, in the global pharmaceutical industry. Do you want to work in a challenging contract research and development environment, where experts come together to make new drugs a reality? Are you able to handle complex projects? Ardena offers ample opportunities to develop your scientific and technical skills as well as your managerial and commercial skills. The products that Ardena develops for her customers are generally technically highly complex and consequently offer interesting scientific challenges for our team.
In Oss, The Netherlands, Ardena has a business unit specialized in chemical process and analytical development and cGMP manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and nanomedicines (formerly ChemConnection).
For the Oss site we are looking for
A synthetic organic chemist (PhD) to strengthen our process R&D team for small molecules.
In this position you will:
- independently and in teams work on Process R&D for API’s;
- maintain contact with customers and report about the status and progress of projects;
- after some time take on the full project management and supervise other (associate) scientists;
- develop scientific, technical, and organizational skills.
We expect from you
- a PhD graduation in organic synthesis; extensive synthetic experience;
- good communicative skills in English and preferably Dutch, verbal and written;
- good coaching skills;
- you are motivated, eager to learn, cope well with stress and are comfortable working in a professional environment with strict deadlines;
- able to work independently and in teams;
- knowledge of pharmaceutical development and cGMP (is an added value).
A challenging job in an international environment within the most innovative industry branch: the pharmaceutical industry. ChemConnection has an open culture. Team-spirit and entrepreneurship are important values in our company.
Do you have questions?
For questions please contact Rob Abbenhuis, Director Operations
T +31(0)412 846 085 or M +31 (6)187 151 81
Do you want to apply?
Your response to the vacancy, including a motivation letter and CV, can be directed to:
Joleen Schoenmakers, Management Assistant
T +31(0)412 846 024